WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
July 18th, 2019 Update
Who we are
Blockchain Foundry inc. (“Blockchain Foundry” or “we” or “us” or “the Company”) is a public Canadian blockchain consulting and development firm, the Company’s corporate head office in located at 2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1E4; the company’s website address is https://www.blockchainfoundry.co
Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we may collect three types of information:
(1) Personal Data
Personal Data is any information directly or indirectly relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
(2) Aggregate Information
Aggregate Information is information about your activities on or in connection with the Services that typically cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you. For example, Aggregate Information includes information regarding the frequency of use of the Services, quantity and type of data entered when using the Services, components of the Services most frequently accessed, and browser types used to access the Services.
(3) Cookies, etc.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
(5) Contact Forms
We store information provided in contact forms and may use the data for marketing purposes; the data stored includes First Name, Last Name, E-Mail address & IP Address and comments provided by you and the data is stored for a maximum of 6 years.
(6) Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data. You may also have installed a WordPress plugin that provides analytics services. In that case, add information from that plugin here.
Collecting Personal Data
Collected data may include personal and/or sensitive data, such as name, email address, IP addresses, browser type and operating system, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies, analytics services and third party embedded services. We collect Personal Data when:
(1) you sign up for the Services;
(2) you use certain features of the Services that require the collection of Personal Data in order for those features to function
(3) you voluntarily enter or upload Personal Data to or through the Services; and
(4) you communicate with us, whether through the Services or through another form of communication, such as e-mail or telephone.
Collecting Aggregate Information
We collect Aggregate information resulting from your use of the Services.
Using and Sharing Personal Data
We use Personal Data we collect:
(1) to provide the Services;
(2) to improve the features and functionality of the Services;
(3) to communicate with you in response to any of your questions and requests; and
(4) to provide relevant marketing and other information to you, but only if, and to the extent that, you have consented to us providing such marketing and other information to you in accordance with applicable laws. In such a case, we will provide an easy link to permit you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications.
In rare cases, we may be required, or may, acting in good faith, believe it is required, to share certain information with legal authorities. In such a case, we will provide only the minimum amount of information required and, unless prohibited by law, we will notify you of the Personal Data it has provided to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Such cases include:
(1) if required by law;
(2) to protect or defend itself, you, or others against legal liability;
(3) to protect itself, you, or others from immediate danger, such as personal injury or death; and
(4) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft.
We may share Personal Data with third party service providers as we deem necessary for such third-party service providers to perform their duties required for the Services to function. For example, the Services may utilize mail relays, payment processors, and hosting providers. These third-party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use Personal Data for any purposes other than to provide the services for which they have been retained to provide.
We do not sell or otherwise share Personal Data with unrelated third parties.
Using and Sharing Aggregate Information
We use Aggregate Information:
(1) to provide the Services;
(2) to improve the Services;
(3) to monitor usage of the Services;
(4) to analyze usage of the Services;
(5) to research, compile, and report on usage trends, user demographics, and user behaviors; and
(6) for other legitimate business purposes.
We may share Aggregate Information with our affiliates and certain third parties, such as investors, potential investors, and third party service providers we use to provide the Services. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Aggregate Information is anonymized and does not have the capacity to be used to identify an individual. In other words, we may share this information but no Personal Data will be disclosed to third parties.
Third Party Applications
(1) Source: WooCommerce
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
(i)What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
Send you information about your account and order
Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
Process payments and prevent fraud
Set up your account for our store
Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
Improve our store offerings
Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
(ii)Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
(iii)What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; such as analytics, marketing services, payment gateways, shipping providers, and third party embeds.
(2) Source: MailChimp for WooCommerce
How Long we Retain your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The Services may contain links to third party websites operated by other people or companies. We are not responsible for those websites, and links to such websites are solely for your convenience.
Security and Data Protection
We take appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Such measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Personal Data is stored.
Effective May 25th, 2018, individuals located in or originating from certain regions, such as the European Economic Area, have certain rights in relation to their Personal Data, as outlined in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, commonly referred to as “GDPR”). To the extent Blockchain Foundry has access to, or processes Personal Data for individuals who are subject to GDPR, that is, Personal Data originating from the European Union, Blockchain Foundry will adhere to the requirements of GDPR.
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live.
You may have the right to access your Personal Data and require us to update, delete or correct this information. The Services may permit you to update this information directly, direct all other circumstances to our Privacy Officer.
We may require certain financial information, such as credit card information, depending on the nature of your use of the Services. We will not share this financial information, other than the financial institutions involved in processing your payment. At all times, we will comply in all respects with applicable consumer protection laws.
Corrections and Removals
If any part of your Personal Data, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number or other personal information changes, you may update, correct or remove the relevant information by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Blockchain Foundry Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1E4
e-mail: [email protected]
Effective Date: August 17, 2018
BLOCKCHAIN FOUNDRY INC.
TERMS OF SERVICE
By accessing the website at https://www.blockchainfoundry.co (the “Site”) you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service (“Terms”), and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this Site.
2. Use License
1. Blockchain Foundry Inc. (“Blockchain Foundry”) grants you a license (the “License”) to temporarily download one copy of the Materials on the Site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. “Materials” means all materials on or available through the Site and including all trademarks, brands, logos, text, graphics, code (of any nature whatsoever), applications, images, and other proprietary information and content. This is the grant of License, not a transfer of title, and under the License, you will not:
- Modify or copy the Materials
- Use the Materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site or the Materials
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the Materials on any other server
- Use or access the Site in any manner that will, in Blockchain Foundry’s judgment at its sole discretion, adversely affect the performance or function of the Site
- Provide false or misleading information through the Site
- Input or upload or attempt to input or upload to the Site any information which contains viruses or other forms of malware
2. The License shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Blockchain Foundry at any time. Upon terminating the License, you must destroy any downloaded Materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. The Materials are protected by Canadian copyright law, trademarks law, and other laws pertaining to intellectual property rights as well as international laws and treaties. Subject to these Terms, you may not, without Blockchain Foundry’s prior written consent, copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, sell, license or in any way exploit the Materials, in whole or in part.
1. The Materials on Blockchain Foundry Inc.’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Blockchain Foundry. makes no warranties, expressed, or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
2. Further, Blockchain Foundry does not warrant nor make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Materials on the Site or otherwise relating to such Materials or on any websites linked to the Site.
In no event shall Blockchain Foundry or its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, partners, successors, assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct or indirect damages, special, exemplary, or punitive damages, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the Materials or the Site, even if Blockchain Foundry has been notified of the possibility of such damage. In any jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you and such provisions will be limited to the maximum amount permitted by applicable law. In the event of any problem with the Website or the Materials, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using the Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, loss, liability, damages, or demands, including reasonable legal fees, due to or arising out of: (1) your use or access to the Site or the Materials; (2) any information you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Site; (3) your violation of these Terms; and (4) your violation of any rights of any others.
6. Accuracy of Materials and Updating Terms
Blockchain Foundry does not warrant that any of the Materials are accurate, complete or current. Blockchain Foundry may make changes to the Materials or these Terms at any time without notice. Blockchain Foundry. is not obligated to update the Materials or the Terms. By you using this Site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms.
Blockchain Foundry is not responsible for the anything with respect to such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Blockchain Foundry . of the site. Your use of any such linked website is at the your own risk.
8. Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that:
1. You are of legal age to form a binding agreement. If you are not of legal age, you are not authorized to use the Site unless: (a) you have received the permission of your parent or legal guardian and (b) your parent or legal guardian, by granting such permission agrees to be bound by these Terms and in such a case, the term “you” shall be deemed to include your parent or legal guardian.
2. If you provide information about yourself through the Site, you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and you will maintain and promptly update information you have provided to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
9. Governing Law
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia, Canada, and you irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in British Columbia.